Bingbing Li, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
Phone: (989) 774-3441
The development of smart biomaterials requires a precise knowledge of interfacial interactions of polymer implants with the surrounding biological environment. The goal of our lab is to design, fabricate, and evaluate intelligent, hierarchically structured, functional polymeric materials for orthopedic and dental applications in regenerative medicine, with an emphasis on understanding bio-interfacial phenomena such as wetting, adhesion, diffusion, crystallization, and degradation.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
1. A. Bauer, Y. Wu, and B. Li* “Electrospun Poly(ϵ-caprolactone)/Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxane-based Copolymer Blends: Evolution of Fiber Internal Structures” Macromolecular Bioscience 2016, DOI:10.1002/mabi.201500399.
2. A. Bauer, Y. Wu, J. Liu, and B. Li* “Visualizing the Inner Architecture of Poly(ϵ-caprolactone)-Based Biomaterials and Its Impact on Performance Optimization.” Macromolecular Bioscience 2015, 15, 1554.
3. T. Jiao, Y. Liu, Y. Wu, Q. Zhang, X. Yan, F. Gao, A. Bauer, J. Liu, T. Zeng, B. Li*, “Facile and Scalable Preparation of Graphene Oxide-Based Magnetic Hybrids for Fast and Highly Efficient Removal of Organic Dyes”, Scientific Reports (NPG) 2015, 5, 12451.
4. W. Wang, T. Jiao*, Q. Zhang, X. Luo, J. Hu, Y. Chen, Q. Peng, X. Yan, B. Li*, “Hydrothermal synthesis of hierarchical core–shell manganese oxide nanocomposites as efficient dye adsorbents for wastewater treatment”, RSC Advances 2015, 5, 56279.
5. T. Jiao*, H. Guo, Q. Zhang, Q. Peng, Y. Tang, X. Yan, B. Li*, “Reduced Graphene Oxide-Based Silver Nanoparticle-Containing Composite Hydrogel as Highly Efficient Dye Catalysts for Wastewater Treatment”, Scientific Reports (NPG) 2015, 5, 11873.
6. J. Liu, A. Bauer, B. Li* “Solvent vapor annealing: an efficient approach for inscribing secondary nanostructures onto electrospun fibers”. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2014, 35, 1503. [Journal Back Cover]
7. J. Fan, J. Liu, A. Bauer, M. Zhang, C. Wang, T. Zeng, A. Esker, R. Moore, B. Li* “Hybrid fibers with substantial filler contents through kinetically arrested phase separation of liquid jet”. RSC Advances 2014, 4, 27683.
8. A. Bauer, T. Zeng, J. Liu, C. Uthaisar, B. Li* “The enhanced encapsulation capacity of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane-based copolymers for the fabrication of electrospun core/shell fibers.” Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2014, 35, 715. [Journal Front Cover]
9. A. Bauer, J. Liu, J. Windsor, F. Song*, B. Li* “Collagen-based biomaterials for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine”. Soft Materials 2014, 12, 359.
10. N. Rao, F. Song, D. Jhamb, M. Wang, N. M. Price, T. L. Belecky-Adams, D. J. Milner, M. Palakal, J. A. Cameron, B. Li, X. Chen, and D. L. Stocum*, "Proteomic analysis of fibroblastema formation in regenerating hindlimbs of xenopus laevis froglets and comparison to axolotl". BMC-Development Biology, 2014, 14, 32.